Fraud-as-a-Service: Refunding Fraud, Merchants’ New Nightmare
Please fill out the form to access the rebroadcast.
CNP inFocus Webinar
The bad dream of malicious friendly fraud has morphed into a new nightmare: refunding fraud. Picture this, a professional fraudster advertises to consumers to help them steal from merchants like you—without the uncomfortable work of calling customer service and lying to your representatives—all for a percentage fee. We are now in the age of the industrialization of friendly fraud, fraud-as-a-service.
These bad actors have researched your refunding policies and know every minute detail. They just need a willing accomplice to place the order. You refund the payment, the accomplice gets your product for free and pays a small fee to the fraudster for doing the legwork. And, they can accomplish this theft quickly and repeat the process over and over again without detection.
You will learn:
- How this new tactic has turned friendly fraud from an individual choice to a profession
- How professional refunders use social engineering to hack your customer service representatives
- How fraudsters are using your own refunding policies against you
- How to identify repeat offenders and root-out refunding fraud from legitimate refunds
- Chase Park, Founder, Whisper Defense
- Karisse Hendrick, Founder & Pricipal, Chargelytics Consulting
- DJ Murphy, Editor-in-Chief, CardNotPresent