From Refund Fraud to Supply Chain Attacks: How Retailers Can Prepare this Holiday Shopping Season
This webinar has already occurred. Please fill out the form to access the rebroadcast video.
The retail fraud threat landscape ran into some new challenges as retailers worked to accommodate customers throughout COVID-19, but especially during the COVID-19 holiday season. It proved to be challenging to balance customer experience with maintaining a robust and comprehensive security program. The expansion of the threat landscape to support remote work, increased online ordering, curbside and in-store pickup that became increasingly popular during 2020’s holiday shopping season, will likely persist throughout 2021’s holiday shopping season as well.
Retailers will continue to be impacted by global cyber security threat trends that have caused supply chain attacks, ransomware attacks, and threats to cloud computing. Retail-specific fraud like refund and gift card fraud have shown no sign of slowing down.
Join us as we discuss which emerging fraud tactics and supply chain attacks you need to know about.
You will learn:
- The significant shift in the retail threat landscape since 2020
- Global cybersecurity trends/attacks and the impact they’ve had
- Persistent threats retailers have to endure
- Overview of chatter within Flashpoint collections in regard to retail threats
- Outlook on 2021 holiday shopping season
- Ashley Allocca, Analyst I, Flashpoint
- DJ Murphy, Editor-in-Chief, Card Not Present
Ashley Allocca is a global intelligence analyst at Flashpoint. Her research focuses on cyberthreats in the retail, financial, and healthcare sectors, as well as other emerging threats in deep and dark web communities.